Christmas is around the corner and definitely the time for us to prep up with all sorts of decoration – we have the jolly hat, red Santa and Santarina suit, Rudolph cute headbands, but how about in this year round we celebrate with heart-warming home baked Gingerbread Man cookies?
Trust me, your love ones would certainly appreciate your effort *wink!
I was invited to join a private baking session with fellow Butterflies @ at19 Culinary, Damansara Height, which is located behind of my double awesome HELP University *Ahh…. those were the days*
At at19 Culinary, the kitchen studio is prepped with almost kitchen utensils and equipment for students to learn and familiarise with the cooking experience in real life!
Miss Suraiya was the expert of the day, she is a friendly person too! Always ready to help us when we stuck in between ;)
Enough with all the talking, I’m sure you’re eager to learn how to bake Gingerbread man cookies as well!
- Unsalted butter (115g, chilled and diced)
- Brown sugar (175g)
- Egg (1gradeA)
- Black Treacle (2tbsp)
- Plain Flour (350g)
- Ground Ginger (1tsp)
- Bicarbonate Soda (1tsp)
- Vanilla Essence (1tsp)
Ingredients (Royal Icing ):
- Icing Sugar (250g)
- Egg White (1/2 nos)
- Lemon Juice (1/2 tsp)
- Glycerin (1/2 tsp)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Grease three baking sheets
- Mix flour, bicarbonate soda, ginger and diced butter till resemble fine breadcrumbs. Add sugar, egg, black treacle and form a dough,
- Turn out on to a floured surface and knead until smooth. Shape into a ball, wrap in clear film (plastic wrap) and chill for 10 minutes.
- Roll out the dough thinly and cut using people shaped cutters.
- Bake cookies for about 12 - 15 minutes or until pale golden.
- To make royal icing, beat the egg white with lemon juice and glycerin, gently add in icing sugar, batch till you get a soft thick paste.
- Decorate your gingerbread with candies, chocolate buttons, and royal icing. After that, mission accomplished.
Although it looks complicated at first, it is actually pretty simple and fun to bake gingerbread man. All it takes to practice and enjoy the moment, imagine how would your love ones appreciate your effort and creativity =) Isn’t it worth it?
That’s my version of gingerbread man wearing an amour suit, but looks more like wearing apron to me #failbigtime. I brought these babies back for my boyfriend to try, instead of appreciating… He actually teased my #failbigtime gingerbread man, NO MORE BAKING WITH LOVE FOR YOU.
NO MOREEEEEE…. but I still love you!
Anyway, it was nice to take this opportunity to enjoy the Christmas spirit with the lovely Butterflies, #Butterflymsia <3 Love meeting new people and stalk new blogs hehehehehe =D
Special thanks to Butterfly Project Malaysia for this amazing experience, I wish that in 2015 more amazing adventure and experience for the team and the community.
Fly butterflies, fly!